Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Git 'er dun!!!

Last Friday I spent most of the morning at hospital on base (retired military) in the X-ray department getting a mammogram and ultrasound.  This was to follow-up my last mammogram 6 months ago, to make sure things hadn't changed.  And thank the Lord they hadn't and everything's fine. But I want to take this chance to remind you to go get those health checks done.

My mom's breast cancer was found in the very early stages because of regular mammograms.  In fact, when they did the needle biopsy, they got it all and she didn't have to have any treatment.  She still goes back on a regular basis but the news is very good. 

And guys...I know you don't think of this as a men's issue but men do get breast cancer.  Rarely, but it does happen.  However, I'm sure there's a woman or two in your life you'd like to keep around for a long time, so remind them to take care of herself.   

And ladies, remind those men to get their regular check ups too.  I don't know about you, but I finally have mine trained for the most part and don't want to have to start over with a new one.:-)

Yeah, I know visiting the doc's office is not the best way to spend the day, and the tests tend to be a bit uncomfy, but they may save your life.  And that's a good thing.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Amen and amen!

I go once a year - well more than that actually with getting sick from time to time - and I've finally got hubby going for a regular checkup as well. The longer we live the more we need to keep tabs on what might be wearing out and going awry.

Glad to hear you are a-OK! :-)

Sandra