Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

More Snowflakes

Okay...

I've my one sentence summary of my NaNo novel and I've been working on the paragraph.  I've done a lot of pondering but just haven't written anything down yet.  But, for those of you doing better than me, here's step 3. 

Step 3) The above gives you a high-level view of your novel. Now you need something similar for the storylines of each of your characters. Characters are the most important part of any novel, and the time you invest in designing them up front will pay off ten-fold when you start writing. For each of your major characters, take an hour and write a one-page summary sheet that tells:
•The character's name
•A one-sentence summary of the character's storyline
•The character's motivation (what does he/she want abstractly?)
•The character's goal (what does he/she want concretely?)
•The character's conflict (what prevents him/her from reaching this goal?)
•The character's epiphany (what will he/she learn, how will he/she change?
•A one-paragraph summary of the character's storyline

No comments: