Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Going to a Writer's Conference????

I love writer's conferences.  I really, really do.  There's just something about immersing yourself in craft workshops, getting to know other writers and meeting industry professionals that's almost addictive.  If you've never attended a conference, then I highly recommend you do so.

One of the great things about conferences is the chance to meet an agent or an editor up close and personal, one on one.  However, that can also be one of the most terrifying thing a writer will ever do. 

Kristen Lamb has a great blog post about her agent pitch experience with some tips so your time in the spotlight will go easier.  I found Kristen's blog about a week ago and it's filled with wonderful tips for writes at all stages of their career.  I'm in the process of reading the archives and there's a wealth of info there so y'all check 'em out too.  I love the "Twitter Tuesday" posts!

Kristen is also the author of We Are Not Alone - The Writer's Guide to Social Media.  I've heard lots of good things about this book and have it on my "buy and read ASAP" list.  The president of my writer's group swears by this book.

Remember, you can find some information about writing conferences at Shaw Guides or by googling your state and writer conferences.  

No comments: