Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

H is for Hmmmmmmm...

As I've pondered "H" nothing has really popped out at me so y'all are getting some random "H" thoughts today.

H is for Heros - not those in our novels but those who lay down their life everyday protecting our freedoms and fighting for the freedom of those who are in bondage.  Also, the guys in the background who support those heros on the front lines.  I spent almost 5 years in the Air Force, and my husband spent 20 in.   As a military member, we didn't/don't have the choice of which war to fight, we follow orders.  Even if you don't agree with the politics, I urge you to support the men and women who are just obeying orders.

H is for Hairy Monsters - I love Monsters, Inc.  Sully is most definitely my favorite monster.  And I love shouting "2319" ever so often when least expected. 

H is also for Happy Dance, perfect for just about any occasion.  Acceptance letter, do the Happy Dance.  Hubby brings home chocolate, do the Happy Dance.  See the first Robin that says spring is near, do the Happy Dance. Find a great book from a new author, do the Happy Dance.  Send out a short story, do the Happy Dance.  You're a writer, do the Happy Dance.  Find an unexpected Hershey's Kiss in the bottom of your purse, still in the wrapper, do the Happy Dance! 

There are so many reasons to celebrate that we ignore or don't see.  Let's make it a point to celebrate every day. Don't let life pass you by.

H is for Hairballs.  Ewwww...ever step on a fresh hairball in the middle of the night with your bare foot?  Not the greatest sensation.  Reminds be of those rawhide chews my dogs used to leave on the floor.  I don't know how many times I stepped on one of those. 

Lastly H is for High Hopes.  One of these days I hope to see a novel of mine on the bookstore shelves published by a major publishing house.  I know that's not every writer's dream and that's cool.  We are free to chase differing dreams and march to that different drummer.  Just don't let anyone rob you of your dream.

3 comments:

Matt Conlon said...

2319!!

Every now and then when there's a problem that I need some help with at home here, I'll tell my wife we have a 2319.

When I was working down town in an office building, one of the users there was extension 2319, and I had to chuckle every time I called him.

Thanks for the laughs!

Matt Conlon dot com
Matt's Brew Log

Anne E. Johnson said...

Thanks for the H-H-Happy post. We should all concentrate on these h-h-happy thoughts more, and certainly be grateful to be writers.

Anne E. Johnson said...

Thanks for the H-H-Happy post. We should all concentrate on these h-h-happy thoughts more, and certainly be grateful to be writers.