Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

F is for... Frogs

“Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.”
~Mark Twain~


I don't know about you but eating a live frog first thing in the morning, or any time of day for that matter, would be a fairly icky thing. But I like what those "get-things-done" kind of people have applied the quote to.

If you have a task you don't want to do, then do it first thing.  Don't let it sit there, mocking you all day. We all know the longer we put off the thing we don't want to do, whether it's a phone call, chore or other item, the worse it gets. We dread having to finally tackle that task, it ruins our whole day.

But...if you tackle that distasteful job first thing, get it done with, out of the way, then the worse is over for the day and you can go one and enjoy your day. It's a good philosophy and I'm trying to apply it.

Right now, for me, my frog is exercise.  It's not the thing I want to do first thing in the morning. But, once it's done, I feel better and don't have to dread it the rest of the day or feel guilty when I've put it off too long so that I don't get it done.

What's your frog?



3 comments:

Unknown said...

The concept is a great motivator but I guess I'm hard to motivate when it comes to something as basic as cleaning house. There are so many other things I'd rather spend my time doing.

Well, maybe tomorrow I'll drag out the vacuum cleaner.

Gyran Gymble said...

Laundry is my kryptonite. It is something to be shunned

jeanie said...

Dishes. erg. I HATE washing dishes. Dusting... although I hate that because it makes me feel so miserable. I'm allergic to dust. hehe.