Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

O is for...

Oklahoma...where the wind comes sweeping down the plain...  One day I'd like to see the musical.  The closest I've come so far is one of the "muppets" on Sesame Street singing "Aaaaaaklahoma"  then "Eeeeeklahoma" then "Iiiiiiiklahoma".  Each time the "director said "CUT!" he'd change to the next vowel in line.  When it got time to do "O" they called lunch time so they never finished the skit.  Sad that I still remember that and it was probably 20 years ago that I saw it.

It's also for "Open wide and say ahhhhhh."  I have a friend who had to go to the dentist today.  I really dislike dentists.  When I was young, I spent lots of time with my dentist.  I never got my eye teeth and have a small gap between my front two teeth.  The dentist wanted to pull all my top teeth and replant them, closing the gap.  Thankfully I was too young at the time and by the time I was old enough, we'd moved.  I still have my gap and try to avoid dentists as much as possible.

Lastly, O is for  onions.  I don't like onions.  Mom says I used green onions (scallions) to teeth on as a very young child but I don't believe her. :-)

What about you, got any favorite "O" things?

No comments: