Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Are...

In no particular order...

*  Chocolate - I love chocolate.  In just about any form. Hot to drink on cold mornings, frozen as ice cream in the summer, as pie or cake, covering pretzels or just a plain "candy bar."

*  Time spent with friends. Especially friends we don't get to see often.

*  Family - I have a great family. Great kids, great husband.  And even a great Mom. We finally live in the same town and get to spend more time together.  Which is something that hasn't happened since I left home at age 17 and joined the Air Force.

*  Horses - I really like horses. I love the smell of a horse. It's something only other horse people understand. :-) I like just being around them, brushing them, feeding 'em and even the cleaning up after 'em part.

*  A purring cat - There is just something about a purring cat. If my cats ever find out all they have to do to get whatever they want is to purr...I'll never get anything done.

*  Flowers -I love the smell of  Honeysuckle and Gardenias. And while Roses are pretty, I really like Carnations and Daisies. Petunias and Pansies.  And of course my Bonsai Trees.

*  Playing in the dirt - Every spring there comes a time when I must get out and play in the dirt.  Just the feel of dirt between my fingers as I plant stuff makes me happy.  It soothes the soul.

* Music - From country to classical and from rock to reggae, I have really eclectic taste in music. New Orleans jazz. Gospel. New Age stuff and Blues.  About the only thing I don't care for is rap.

*  Good books - I absolutely love finding a book so good I get lost in it.  One that I forget to eat while reading.  That time seems to stand still and when I do look up, hours have past since I started.  Books that make me want to read straight through without stopping.

* Puppies - How can you not love puppies. They take such a joy in living. And they love you no matter what.


Now it's your turn.  Share your Ten Things and post the link in the comment section for the rest of us to read.

2 comments:

Spanj said...

Scientists have failed to find any real reason as to why cats purr, and there is a strong school of thought that they do it only to get their own way. I mean, did you ever stop stroking a cat who was purring away merrily?

Jean said...

Exactly. A purring cat can get away with anything. :-)