Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Where The Heart Is

This is the story of Samatha James who left home in the middle of the night headed to the 'big city' and excitement. Sam, as she is affectionately called by her friends, hasn't been back since she left. Now, after her sister and brother-in-law's death, she is forced to return for their funeral. Naturally, the first person she sees upon arrival is Marcus Keller, her high school sweetheart. And, naturally, sparks fly.

Home for Sam is a mixture of emotions. She had a great childhood growing up on a small ranch, swimming in the lake, playing in the barn, riding her horse as well as spending time with family and friends.

But she wanted more. She didn't want to grow up to be another wife and mother living in a small town. So, she left home follow her dreams.

Just like Sam, many of us leave home to chase dreams and find excitement only to find that home wasn't so bad after all.

As the wife of a military man, we traveled a lot so home was where we were at the time. I've got some great memories of where we've been but through the years, I've always carried the memories of home where I grew up.

What about you? Got a favorite memory of home? Share it with us in the comments and be entered to win something fabulous. Probably chocolate...and a book or two.

Sign my guest book and get a second entry.

Be sure to stop by the other blogs on the hop. You can find a list here.

4 comments:

P. Creeden said...

WOW! How very fitting that you're involved in this hop! My dad was in the Air Force - So I can relate! :)

Linda Carroll-Bradd said...

this story sounds like a perfect fit for this hop. I grew up in the same house from kindergarten through college and treasure those memories. In my married life, I've had homes in four homes in three states and have learned "home" is all about the people you call family.
l.carrollbradd(at)gmail(dot)com
Linda

Catherine Lee said...

As an adult, I have moved around a lot, rarely going back to my "home" state (where I lived for my first 21 years). In fact, last month I went back for a niece's wedding and realized it had been more than a decade since I had last been there. Being there still gave me an unusual feeling. I wondered how different my life might have been if I had not left home. I'm not usually so introspective about such things.
catherinelee100 at gmail dot com

Catherine Lee said...

PS...I signed the Guestbook.