Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

DUH...

Got things that need to be done?

Here's a nifty little system for getting things accomplished I discovered several years back. I'd forgotten about it over the past several moves and all the things happening in life so for those who have seen this before, hopefully you'll enjoy the reminder. And, for those of you who haven't, give it a try, see how it works for you.

D - Do it first.  Don't wait around, do it and get it over with. 

U - Understand it might not be fun.

H - Hurray! Now celebrate, you did it!


Don't you just hate ending the day knowing you didn't get the things that needed to be done taken care of? I do. I'll lay awake berating myself for not getting everything accomplished, feel guilty and be miserable.  When I apply D, I don't have that problem. The important things are done and I can move one to the things I want to do without all the guilt.

The "U" reminds me I might not enjoy some things. But the satisfaction of marking things off the to-do list sure is nice.

And we need to remember to celebrate. We need to celebrate our accomplishments. And not just the big things.

So, what do you think? Will DUH work for you?

I'd love to take credit for DUH but that goes to Margie Lawson.

No comments: