Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

New Old Stuff...

Yesterday my youngest daughter and I moved my desk from the garage into a corner in the living room. It's been in the garage ever since we moved here in December of 2011 and I've really  missed it.

See, this house is a bit smaller than our last place and there really wasn't room for it. I've been using the kitchen table for a desk but that really hasn't been working for me. For some reason, I just don't feel like a writer sitting at the table. Maybe it's 'cause I've always had my desk.

I even thought about getting a new, smaller desk but there's just something about this desk that I love. Maybe it's 'cause it is really wood instead of some particle board thing. Maybe it's because I've had it for so long...close to 25 years.

Or maybe it's the size. This thing is huge. And weighs about 900 pounds (Not really but try moving it and you'll think so.) The main area is 3'x6' and has a smaller L attached to it that's 2'x3'. Plenty of room to spread out plus have my computer and printer close by.

Anyway, I have my desk again. And, I'm happy. Which leads me to the point of this post...

What makes you feel like a writer? Do you feel more like a writer at certain places, wearing certain clothes, or at writer events?

I'd love to hear from you so comment and let's chat.

No comments: